[lispy-devel] Great project! Thanks

Ivan Toshkov ivan at toshkov.org
Tue Mar 11 14:35:05 UTC 2008

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the great project!  I think, that version tracking is quite
hard and interesting problem, which for some reason is almost ignored
in the Lisp world.  And thank you for your previous work on Gentoo
(which is still my preferred distribution).

I just wanted to mention, that the "Mapping Guide" link points back to
the main site.

Also, do you think Lispy can be used to generate gentoo ebuilds?  From
what I saw, I think, that it gives the dependency/version information
and depends on ASDF for everything else.  So, it seems, that I'll need
ASDF -> ebuild translator, which can use Lispy maps for better
dependency handling.

Cheers,
Ivan

--
"...Please don't assume Lisp is only useful for Animation and Graphics,
AI, Bioinformatics, B2B and E-Commerce, Data Mining, EDA/Semiconductor