[lisplab-devel] Mac OS X

Adam Higuera ahig321 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 20:05:41 UTC 2010

Thanks.  Did you get your fftw3 from macports, by the way?

sudo port install fftw-3 kept erroring off with a failed checksum, so I just
built from source from fftw.org, and got .a's and .la's instead of .dylibs.
How did you build the .dylibs (kind of OT for the mailing list, I know -
especially since I now have lisplab working)?

There are actually symlinks to BLAS and LAPACK that OS X puts into
/usr/lib/, presumably these would change to point to newer versions if Apple
updated vecLib.

Also, do you know a good way to reverse a row/column vector?  cl-user
doesn't seem to know about any of the accesor methods so I can't just (setf
(matrix-store a) (reverse (matrix-store a))) at the top level.  I would be
interested in implementing this functionality (vector-reverse ?) if there's
no good way already.

Actually, in SBCL it is possible to subclass sequence, so that maybe a
vector-dge could be implemented that would behave just like primitive lisp
vectors as regards reverse, map, reduce etc, which I think would be a little
less crufty although probably a PITA to implement and SBCL-specific (which
lisplab is anyways).

-Adam Higuera