[lisplab-devel] Mac OS X

Knut Skogstrand Gjerden knut.gjerden at ntnu.no
Fri Feb 19 10:59:27 UTC 2010

Pong!

Sure, it is quite easy (at least if you run SBCL). To link against Apple's blas and lapack, you can put

(defvar *lisplab-libblas-path* #P"/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib"); "Path to BLAS shared object file.")
(defvar *lisplab-liblapack-path* #P"/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib"); "Path to LAPACK shared object file.")
(defvar *lisplab-libfftw-path* #P"/opt/local/lib/libfftw3.dylib"); "Path to FFTW 3 shared object file.")
(defvar *lisplab-libfftw-threads-path* #P"/opt/local/lib/libfftw3_threads.dylib"); "Path to FFTW 3 thread extension shared object file.")

at the top of lisplab.asd. These addresses should be standard on any Mac, so you can just copy-paste, but check if your fftw-library is installed under /opt or /usr.

Then, all you have to do (in SBCL) is to (require 'lisplab) and you are good to go. I usually do this in my .sbclrc-file because I am lazy, but you can do it anywhere in your lisp. If your lisp is not SBCL, you have to do some (asdf load-op ...)-stuff instead, which I do not remember because I never do it.

Knut