[lisp-interface-library-devel] Consolidating Common Lisp Libraries

Jason Aeschliman j.aeschliman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 19:44:34 UTC 2012

> 2- create new interfaces for the new protocols (Jason Aeschliman was
> working on that)

Just for reference, here's some work I've done for OOP style collections:
https://github.com/jaeschliman/com.clearly-useful.generic-collection-interface/blob/master/protocols.lisp

seq is proper-list-like
indexable is vector-like
associative is hash-table-like

these protocols are only for accessing, I haven't given any thought yet to
protocols for modifying collections. I haven't done anything for sets or trees
yet either. I will say that in terms of reading, it makes sense to me to treat sets
as maps from object-> value, where the meaning of 'value' differs depending
on what kind of set it is, a plain set would be obj->t, a counted set obj->number
etc, so testing for set membership could just be contains-key-p

Cheers,

Jason