[lisp-game-dev] introduction

Morgan Veyret morgan.veyret at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 08:38:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:30 AM, David Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm making games with lisp, and have been lurking here for a while and
> thought I should probably say hello.
>
> I'm one of the authors of fluxus, a scheme (racket lang) based 3D game
> engine for rapid prototyping and livecoding:
> http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/
>
> I've used it to create a lot of stuff, this is probably one of the more
> complex projects I've done:
> http://www.pawfal.org/dave/index.cgi?Projects/Plant%20Eyes
>
> Last year I worked on a facebook game called "Naked on Pluto" (a
> critical art-game about social networking) where we wrote all the server
> code in scheme: http://naked-on-pluto.net/
>
> And more recently I've been working with clojure for another online
> game, a critical take on FarmVille involving permaculture - a bit of
> info on that here: http://www.pawfal.org/dave/blog/
>
> My background is in the games industry, and I now enjoy the benefits of
> functional programming and lisp macros for games dev while fondly
> remembering all the headaches that statefulness caused when working with
> thousands of C++ classes.
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

Hi David and welcome to the list :)

I'm really interested in your plant eyes project here.
I've been toying with some plant growing idea for a while now and I'd really
like
to have a look at your code & ideas for this.
Unfortunately the source code link on you page seems to be broken.
Is there any other place where I can have a look at this?