[lisp-game-dev] [PROGRESS] Bunny Slayer

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 21:44:13 UTC 2010

I'm a little late getting out the gate here. I'm working on Bunny Slayer, a
Zelda-style RPG about saving the world from the evil Black Bunnies.

So far, I've spent most of my time setting up the Blackthorn Starter Pack to
make it easy for others to get started with developing games. I've got the
process down to about four steps. If you were only interested in running
Lispbuilder, you could take that down to two steps by ignoring the parts
about Mercurial and Blackthorn. See my Quickstart Guide for details:

http://code.google.com/p/blackthorn-engine/wiki/QuickstartGuide

So far in Bunny Slayer, I've got a character walking around a black screen.
I'm hoping to get some friends involved with the coding this time, so we'll
see what comes of it.

The other toy I've been playing with lately is Escalator, my new object
system for Common Lisp. Escalator is based on several articles I've read on
Entity Systems, which are used in various parts of the gaming industry to
improve performance and make maintanence more manageable.

http://bitbucket.org/elliottslaughter/escalator

I'd be interested in seeing what people think of this.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay