[lisp-game-dev] cl-opengl mac os x

Michael Compton michael.compton at littleedge.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 20:09:54 UTC 2010

Hi Schell,

A lot of people also use some other library to create the window, get
the opengl context, do user input etc. Of course GLUT is available with
cl-opengl, but a good alternative is lispbuilder-sdl (getting a 3.x+
OpenGL is not yet possible as far as I know with the SDL which
lispbuilder is built upon).

As for advances in cl-opengl itself, not many in terms of programming
interface, as far as I am aware, though there was updates to allow
access to recent additions to the OpenGL spec, most notably the 3.x
changes.

If you have any issues getting stuff to work then certainly post them
here on the maillist or maybe drop by the IRC channel #lispgames on
freenode.

This is the only tutorial resource I am aware of...
http://3bb.cc/tutorials/cl-opengl/index.html