[lisp-game-dev] hello and thoughts on lisp games

Ingvar ingvar at hexapodia.net
Sat Nov 28 12:14:01 UTC 2009

David O'Toole writes:
> 3. Welcome new members, please introduce yourselves and your projects,
> if any...

Well, I've written two "from scratch" games in Lisp. Well, I say "from
scratch" and that isn't entirely true, I used CLX for the graphics.

One is "Gatlopp" (http://games.hexapodia.net/gatlopp/), a 2D
walk-in-mazes-and-shoot shit game with FAR too few levels (I should probably
make some more and/or make a level randomiser).

The second is "Pantzer" (http://games.hexapodia.net/pantzer/), a 3D
tank-shooting game.

Ripping the guts out of both of those, I cobbled them together as Gamelib
(http://common-lisp.net/project/gamelib/).

But, as these things go, I find the underlying bits and bolts more appealing
than the spit&polish on the top.

//Ingvar