[lisp-game-dev] [FLGC09] Starting entry

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 08:34:06 UTC 2009

Today I added animation support and did some significant tweaks to the AI.
The AI is now aware that direct collisions with the player are lethal, so it
will attempt to make a kamikaze strike if the player gets too close. The AI
also shoots bullets, each of which deal 1 damage against the player's 4
health. Upon killing an enemy, a health pack is dropped which heals 2
health. (The AI can also pick up health packs, but can only do so by
accident right now if it happens to fly through the pack.)

A friend of mine added support for firing three shots in an arc per press of
the trigger. Theoretically this should be an upgrade in the game, but for
now we just have it enabled by default.

Here is today's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnnHKvBHcww

Hopefully this link works for everyone :-)