[linedit-devel] Apparent bug in linedit

Paul Walker linedit-devel at blacksun.org.uk
Wed Nov 16 16:20:59 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm trying to use SBCL under SLIME, and I get the following error when I
start it:

Linedit version 0.17.5 [dumb mode]

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread"
RUNNING {AAE5809}>: BUG: You seem to have found a bug in Linedit. Please
message to linedit-devel at common-lisp.net:`Invariant
(LINEDIT::BACKEND-READY-P LINEDIT::BACKEND) violated.'

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

((SB-PCL::FAST-METHOD LINEDIT::BACKEND-CLOSE (LINEDIT::TERMINAL))
#<unavailable argument> #<unavailable argument> #<LINEDIT::DUMB-EDITOR
#{AF64091}>)
0]

It works when I run SBCL from the command line.

I'm using Debian stable, with GNU Emacs 23.2.1 and SBCL 1.0.40.0.debian.
linedit is installed through Quicklisp. I can't think of anything else, but
I'm only just starting to use Lisp; if I've missed something that'd be
helpful please let me know.

Thanks

--
Paul