[lift-devel] Environment mixup

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Thu Aug 21 22:00:42 UTC 2008

> The test SOME-TEST fails because the variable *some-var* isn't bound
> at the time some-slot is defined. However, if I were to change the
> definition of BAR, things would work:
>
> (deftestsuite bar (foo)
>  (some-slot)
>  (:setup (setf some-slot *some-var*)))
>
> Should the environment set up by FOO be available to BAR at the time
> of slot initialization? Is this a bug or a feature?

This feels like a bug to me; there is an order to the way things are
supposed to happen (now if I could just find where I wrote it down)
and it certainly should be the case that the superclass gets to do its
work _before_ the subclass does anything. I've logged a bug and will
try to get to it soon.

(On the positive side, I have a whole bunch of features that I need to
add to LIFT for my own work so it's more likely that I'll be able to
look into this at the same time...).

--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738