[lift-devel] Announce: version 1.2.2

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Thu Feb 8 16:40:02 UTC 2007

A long time ago, I decided to have [LIFT][] put all of your test-
suite names into the LIFT package because it made it easier to call
[`run-tests`][run-tests] no matter where you were. I almost did the
same thing in [log5][] but immediately realized that having only a
single namespace for logging categories was a *bad* idea. I then
decided that I would need to go back to LIFT and fix my mistake.
Thanks to [cosmic unconscious][], Stefan Lang sent me a patch that
corrects the issue the very next day! (Thanks Stefan).

Version 1.2.2 of LIFT includes Stefan's patch plus some extra hair to
help in the transition to this new behavior. To find a test suite
named `foo`, LIFT:

* Looks for a suite named `foo` and uses it if it's found
* If it can't find it, it looks in all packages for test-suites named
"foo"
	* If there is one, it uses it
	* If there are none, then there isn't such a suite and you'll get an
error
	* If there is more than one, then you're being ambiguous and LIFT
will complain.

Version 1.2.2 also corrects a bug in the ordering of test-suites that
use single setup: there's nothing like a little bit of `nreverse` to
make things happy!

[LIFT]: http://common-lisp/project/lift/
[run-tests]: http://common-lisp.net/project/lift/documentation/lift-
package/function-run--tests.html