[kpax-devel] kpax and mod_lisp

Sven Van Caekenberghe scaekenberghe at common-lisp.net
Wed Apr 18 10:20:24 UTC 2007

On 18 Apr 2007, at 08:17, Nico Garcia Belmonte wrote:

> hi,
> I've just finished making a web-app in KPAX using the standalone
> server and it works well.
>
> I have apache2 and mod_lisp2 installed (I "apt-get install
> libapache-mod-lisp" it).
>
> I also have SBCL and KPAX installed in /usr/lib/sbcl/site/kpax
>
> My apache server has it's DocumentRoot at /var/www
>
> I read a previous post on how to use KPAX and mod_lisp but I still
> can't make it work.
>
> My kpax.conf file has:
> LispServer 127.0.0.1 2001 "kpax"
>
> <Location /kpax/dynamic/>
> SetHandler lisp-handler
> </Location>
>
> Alias /kpax/static/ "/var/www/site/static/"
>
> <Directory "/var/www/site/static/">
> Options FollowSymLinks
> AllowOverride None
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
> after starting apache I run SBCL and type
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :kpax)
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :clsql)
> (in-package :kpax-user)
> (start-kpax)
>  ----------------------------------------------------
>
> and it seems to be working fine
> (I get "<#MOD-LISP-SERVER :RUNNING {...}>")
>
> Nevertheless, I can't access neither the web app I made, nor any
> other web-app such as helloworld1.
> when I try to access http:/localhost/kpax/dynamic/helloworld1 I get
> a message in my error.log:
> [error] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: error reading
> from Lisp
>
> could somebody help me PLEASE?
>
> Thnx

Nico,

We haven't been using the mod_lisp construction for a long time, but
it should still work. A recent change to #'START-KPAX switched the
default argument for :server-class from 'mod-lisp-server to 's-http-
server (see previous sentence, sorry for the inconvenience). That
could be your problem (if you are tracking the darcs repo), but you
do get a mod-lisp-server instance.

You could also do the following:
- do a describe of the mod-lisp-server instance so that we can look
inside it (do the ports match ?)
- check all apache log files (error and access)
- can you see/inspect/debug anything on the lisp side ?
- telnet manually to lispworks and talk the mod_lisp protocol
- check your firewall settings (you are running both servers on the
same host ?)

It will probably be a very simple configuration fault, but these
things tend to be hard to find...

Sven