Test status

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Jan 25 20:03:00 UTC 2018

On 24 Jan 2018, at 18:06, Attila Lendvai wrote:

>> My iterate directory was missing some patches. With the latest
>> version from
>> darcs 5 tests fail:
>>
>> 5 out of 268 total tests failed: ITERATE.TEST::ALWAYS.FINALLY,
>>    ITERATE.TEST::NEVER.FINALLY, ITERATE.TEST::THEREIS.FINALLY,
>>    ITERATE.TEST::BUG/WALK.2, ITERATE.TEST::BUG/COLLECT-AT-BEGINNING.
>
> yep, this is what i see here, too:
>
> 5 out of 268 total tests failed: ITERATE.TEST::ALWAYS.FINALLY,
> ITERATE.TEST::NEVER.FINALLY, ITERATE.TEST::THEREIS.FINALLY,
> ITERATE.TEST::BUG/WALK.2,
>    ITERATE.TEST::BUG/COLLECT-AT-BEGINNING.
>
> unfortunately iterate's test suite is... well, less than ideal.
> (sb-)rt is annoyingly cumbersome and just simply archaic...
>
> hu.dwim.reiterate has an iterate-compat package that is meant to be a
> drop-in replacement for iterate. it uses a proper code walker and some
> nice features (like retaining slime's source-location feature within
> its body).
>
> unfortunately it's only around 80% completed and i didn't work on it
> for quite a while now.
>
> and i also don't feel entitled to do a major refactor of iterate's
> test suite to e.g. use hu.dwim.stefil.
>
> sorry for the mess,

Didn't mean to be complaining.  One possibility would be to use the set
of expected failures in the definition of the ASDF test-operation, and
raise an exception only for unexpected failures.  I think we have to
hack exceptions into the TEST-OP if you want to be able to easily check
tests, since ASDF:OPERATION doesn't return anything (and really, it
can't).

I'll have a look, but unfortunately, I'm drowning in Real Work(TM) right
now.  I should look at what's going awry on ACL, first, too, since that
seems more critical.

Anyone testing iterate on CCL or any of the other implementations?

Cheers,