Test status

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Thu Jan 25 00:06:16 UTC 2018

> My iterate directory was missing some patches. With the latest version from
> darcs 5 tests fail:
>
> 5 out of 268 total tests failed: ITERATE.TEST::ALWAYS.FINALLY,
>    ITERATE.TEST::NEVER.FINALLY, ITERATE.TEST::THEREIS.FINALLY,
>    ITERATE.TEST::BUG/WALK.2, ITERATE.TEST::BUG/COLLECT-AT-BEGINNING.

yep, this is what i see here, too:

5 out of 268 total tests failed: ITERATE.TEST::ALWAYS.FINALLY,
ITERATE.TEST::NEVER.FINALLY, ITERATE.TEST::THEREIS.FINALLY,
ITERATE.TEST::BUG/WALK.2,
   ITERATE.TEST::BUG/COLLECT-AT-BEGINNING.

unfortunately iterate's test suite is... well, less than ideal.
(sb-)rt is annoyingly cumbersome and just simply archaic...

hu.dwim.reiterate has an iterate-compat package that is meant to be a
drop-in replacement for iterate. it uses a proper code walker and some
nice features (like retaining slime's source-location feature within
its body).

unfortunately it's only around 80% completed and i didn't work on it
for quite a while now.

and i also don't feel entitled to do a major refactor of iterate's
test suite to e.g. use hu.dwim.stefil.

sorry for the mess,

--
• attila lendvai