[iterate-devel] fishy iterate use of delete...

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:12:31 UTC 2005

Dear Iterate developers,

while I was compiling cl-pdf, sbcl detected some invalid uses of
delete in iterate.lisp. I checked that these errors were there in the
iterate 1.4 release available from asdf-install.

Indeed, (delete ...) has side-effects and doesn't preserve its second
argument. Thus, a minimally disruptive patch would be to replace
(delete entry
index) with (setf index (delete entry index)) twice, and (delete
nil temps) with (remove nil temps). Someone who understands the code
better audit what is being done by the considered functions. Patch
attached.

Happily these errors didn't seem to affect the behaviour of cl-pdf.

You may easily play a joke on a man who likes to argue -- agree with him.
                -- Ed Howe