[iterate-devel] destructuring-bind bug

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Feb 17 08:23:32 UTC 2005

Hi,
>The following form never terminates.
>(macroexpand '(iter (for index in '((1 2))) (collect
>(destructuring-bind (a b) index (+ a b)))))

My version of Iterate not only macroexpands, but it also executes it and yields (3) in CLISP-2.33.some-CVS on Linux, meeting my expectations.

For Iterate, it's very important to say which Lisp implementation you're using, since it heavily depends on macroexpansion. Expansion of typical CL macros differ a lot among implementations and this is known to have caused different behaviour of Iterate across implementations.

Also, you did not say which version you're using. Please submit details, e.g. Lisp version, what does destructuring-bind macroexpand-1 to, etc.

Or forget about this trouble, and merely update Iterate. I believe it's also included with Marc Battyani's cl-pdf and Marco Baringer's UCW and/or arnesi packages.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.