[iterate-devel] iterate package source code server

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Nov 11 16:56:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

it's a great idea to put valuable but old packages from the AI repository or whereever to an open source server on the net!

I've done several changes that I'll release soon, but there are are a few points I'd like to discuss before:

o Participation: GNUArch to me sounds like yet another CVS system. It causes me overhead as I have to install yet anoter SW on the PC.

CVS, subversions, GNUArch, where will it end?
Is that really necessary?

o "to quote or not to quote" -- see separate e-mail.

Here's a list of changes which I've done so far:
o minor CL optimizations: consp, pop, export, declaim
o for in-package(s) evaluates package(s) argument
o for in-package(s) works as generator
o for in-hashtable usable as generator
o for in-hashtable supports destructuring
o for in-packages was broken because of 'pkgs
  symbol-types are not evaluated in with-package-iterator
  and must not be empty => consp
o (for vars DO-NEXT) now binds vars
o use dsetq instead of destructuring-bind for consistency of templates
+ (code-char 0) is portable, #\nul or #\null is not
+ use #:start/beginning to (hopefully) work with Allegro modern style
+ tiny changes to manual

o added more testcases

Planned: support (dsetq (values x nil y) (foo)) to ignore second value

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.