[iolib-devel] Patches to make multiplexer use easier

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 08:15:23 UTC 2009

Hello,

Here are some patches that make it easier to just use the multiplexer
object without having to go through the provided event loop/timer
machinery. This is done in three steps: make the monitor/harvest etc.
methods on multiplexer accept just file descriptors as well as
FD-ENTRYs (note that I've only done that for epoll in this set of
patches, others to come!), export the handler methods, and add an
optional flags parameter to the MONITOR-FD method (really useful for
epoll, the other backends I'm not sure about).

Let me know what you think. I'd like to get these patches (or at least
the equivalent functionality of being able to use the multiplexer
without having to make FD-ENTRYs) into IOlib as I'm about to release
some software that uses it.

Thanks,
Vladimir