[imp-hackers] Common test suite

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Tue Jun 30 16:04:22 UTC 2009

On Jun 30, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Sam Steingold wrote:

> One (admittedly small) benefit is that I will be able to contribute to
> the project directly (as opposed to mailing suggestions and patches to
> the list).
>
> SF offers a bug tracker and mailing lists.
> Does cl.net do that?

The mailing list we are using now is a common-lisp.net one. Unlike
"more liberal" providers such as Sourceforge and Savannah, common-
lisp.net will let you pick and choose which services you want at your
discretion, and set them up to your liking, to the point of creating a
mailing list without a source repository like this one. You can set up
trac for your bug tracking, or I'm sure that other systems would be
possible - in fact I'm confident that if you wanted to run a tracker
system of your own written in Common Lisp, the administrators would be
amenable to that. I wonder if the "liberal" hosting providers would do
that?

Also note that, unlike Sourceforge, there aren't large banners
advertising Windows software tacked on to each message. And unlike
Savannah, common-lisp.net has an uptime of over two months...
--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net
http://brian.mastenbrook.net/