[imp-hackers] Common test suite

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Tue Jun 30 15:44:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Juan Jose
Garcia-Ripoll<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Sam Steingold<sds at gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> actually, clocc on sourceforge already has an "ansi-test" module
>> (based, I think, on the clisp internal regression test suite from
>> several years ago).  we can merge the gcl ansi test suite into it.
>
> and not for merging it into a different project or just for the sake
> of taking it over.

I am not interested in taking over anything.
I have enough on my plate.
In fact, any volunteers to take something over some things I maintain? :-)

> I do not see much of a difference merging the ansi
> test suite into clocc project or having it in the ABCL source tree.

the paramount difference is that clocc is implementation-independent.

however, I do not insist on this.
this was just a suggestion, it did not fly, forget about it.

>> alternatively, we can create a brand spanking new SF project ansi-lisp-test.
>> (ansi-cl-test? cl-test?)
>
> _If_ this has to be moved, let it be to a separate project with its
> own purpose in life. I would then vote for cl-test-suite or
> ansi-cl-tests, as opposed to cl-test, which would suggest something
> like a test framework.

ansi-cl-tests sounds good.
however, we might consider eventually including the final dpANS draft
(dream on! :-)
so maybe "std-cl" would be even better.

--
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>