[imp-hackers] Another topic: ANSI standard test suite

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:27:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Sam Steingold<sds at gnu.org> wrote:
> how do I run a test without gclload2?
> do I need to first figure out which file it come from?

Yes, but that is easy, because there is one file or more per function.
For instance, compile-file.lsp, or write-line.lsp The file normally
loads all its dependencies. Sometimes it is a section file that does
so, such as load-numbers.lsp that begins as follows

(in-package :cl-test)
(compile-and-load "numbers-aux.lsp")
(compile-and-load "random-aux.lsp")
(load "number-comparison.lsp")
(load "max.lsp")

This is not the ideal thing, for then one can not load max.lsp and
expect it to work. Instead one has to remember the file to load and
the either run the tests or do cut&paste.

If anything, I would suggest to change the setup so that there is a
set of support files and let them be REQUIRE'd by the individual tests
files.

It would also be interesting to write down an utility function,
something like (SEARCH-AND-RUN test-name) that seeks the appropriate
file, loads it, and runs only a particular tests. But that can
probably be done with the current architecture and organization.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)