[imp-hackers] Another topic: ANSI standard test suite

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:15:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Sam Steingold<sds at gnu.org> wrote:
> well, in general, I am very unhappy with the current infrastructure
> (basically, you cannot rerun a failing test in a fresh CL invocation
> without first loading the whole test suite, which can take a long
> time), so I would not mind ditching it in favor of something much
> simpler, along the lines of the clisp or sacla test suites.

I do not have problems running individual test files. Tests do have
dependencies on commodity functions, such as those that implement
compiler test cases and the like. However, once you know this, it is
not difficult to just use a given set of tests. My script "run_this"
lives in the ansi/ tests suite directory and I can perfectly do
./run-this compile-file and use it

#!/bin/sh

cat | ecl -norc <<EOF
(load "gclload1.lsp")
(load "$1")

(in-package :cl-test)

;;; These two tests will misbehave if the tests are being
;;; invoked from a file that is being loaded, so remove them
(when *load-pathname*
  (mapc #'regression-test:rem-test '(load-pathname.1 load-truename.1)))

(time (regression-test:do-tests))

(cl-user::quit)

EOF

--