[imp-hackers] Another topic: ANSI standard test suite

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:42:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Juan Jose
Garcia-Ripoll<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I second that. Originally I said that no fork was needed, but I then
> found out that the GCL sources had not really advanced the test suit
> and that the original maintainer no longer answered email. Now I would
> rather support a joint effort to maintain and extend the test suite,
> rather than per-implementation forks.

The ansi-test repository is not a per-implementation fork, or at least
is not meant to be
one. We can just as well use that as a "common fork", if that's fine
with other people.
In addition to removal of incorrect tests, the ansi-test repo merely
contains small changes
that allow the suite to run on abcl, in addition to everything else it
already runs on.