[imp-hackers] Another topic: ANSI standard test suite

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:39:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Sam Steingold<sds at gnu.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Ville
> Voutilainen<ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The fork has so far removed some tests which were agreed to be incorrect by
>> the people on #lisp.
>
> Maybe we should create a "common fork" on SourceForge or Savannah?
> it should be truly "common" in the ideological sense of operating
> under the consensus of implementors and the practical sense of the
> implementors having write access to the repository.

I second that. Originally I said that no fork was needed, but I then
found out that the GCL sources had not really advanced the test suit
and that the original maintainer no longer answered email. Now I would
rather support a joint effort to maintain and extend the test suite,
rather than per-implementation forks.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC