[imp-hackers] ansi test issues

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 9 07:40:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Sam Steingold<sds at gnu.org> wrote:
> 2. the test infrastructure assumes that there is only one possible
> correct return value, while sometimes the standard admits multiple
> interpretations.
> How should we handle this?
> one option is to allow multiple variants, e.g.,
> (deftest foo
>  (form)
>  (possible-return-value-1 possible-return-value-2))

The other possibility is to include that in the test itself, like
(deftest foo
  (and (member (form) '(possible-return-value-1 ...) :test #'equalp) t)
  t)

I agree though, that it looks ugly, but it would also handle the loops
in which the same test is repeated with multiple outputs and only one
possible output value is assumed.

However, before adding different return values, wouldn't the changes
need to be discussed?

BTW, is there a mailing list of CVS commits for the ansi-test suite?

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)