[imp-hackers] ansi test issues

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Thu Jul 9 00:05:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

I see two infrastructure issues at this time:

1. there are tabs in the sources which conflict with readline when
cutting and pasting.

do you mind if I remove all tabs in one commit?

2. the test infrastructure assumes that there is only one possible
correct return value, while sometimes the standard admits multiple
interpretations.
How should we handle this?
one option is to allow multiple variants, e.g.,
(deftest foo
  (form)
  (possible-return-value-1 possible-return-value-2))
and the test will succeed if either possible return value is actually
returned by (form).

do you mind if I implement this?

PS. I asked Erik for commit rights for sds at cl-net (yes!! the admins
kindly agreed to accommodate my username! thanks!), but my attempt to
commit a comment was rejected.

--
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>