[GSLL-devel] How to use transpose keywords with matrix-product?

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Fri Jul 29 20:28:21 UTC 2011

These correspond in the following way to the BLAS symbols:
:trans = CblasTrans
:notrans = CblasNoTrans
:conjtrans = CblasConjTrans.
That is, transpose, no transpose, conjugate transpose.  Look at the BLAS
documentation for more information; unfortunately, the GSL BLAS
documentation like
http://www.gnu.org/s/gsl/manual/html_node/Level-2-GSL-BLAS-Interface.htmldoesn't
really explain this much.  In other words, the GSLL documentation is
weak, just like the GSL documentation is :-)  If you just want a regular
product, use :notrans (no transpose of the matrix before multiplying), which
is the default.

Liam