[GSLL-devel] matrix-product: transpose keyword resulting in memory fault

Ravi Desai rd7190 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 16:07:49 UTC 2011

Hello all,
     I needed to do a matrix-vector multiplication where the matrix
would have to be transposed (I checked the dimensions). I tried to use
the transpose functionality in the matrix-product function itself.

(matrix-product v (f1 pattern-index) v0 1.0 1.0 :trans :notrans)
where 'v' is a vector of weights and (f1 pattern-index) returns a
vector, and v0 was an empty vector I'd made just prior to this line in
the let definition.

It compiled without any errors, but would say corruption error, and
memory fault at 1 (pc=...., sp=...), and that the integrity of this
image is possibly compromised, continuing with fingers crossed.

when I removed the line defining v0 and placed the following instead,

(matrix-product (matrix-transpose v) (f1 pattern-index))

The thing compiled perfectly and ran without any errors.

To be quite honest I prefer using it this way since its more descriptive
of whats going on.

Thanks