[Gsll-devel] extra info in the example section

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:56:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:40 AM, N J <raphexion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have a suggestion that might be obvious for all experts but
> nonetheless a little help for newbies like myself. Especially since
> gsll might be the first lisp package they (like me) want to try out.
>
> In the example section in the web page, would it be possible to add a
> small "getting started". Maybe it can be combined with the first
> example. For example.

 stuff deleted...

Good idea.  Here is another one that would be useful even for the
pros.  A gsll-probe, that would probe the system to make sure that
gsll is loadable.  The main thing that comes to mind, and that can
look scary to a newbie is if the gsl libraries are not loadable.

Along those lines, I was wandering if the gsll setup would be easier
if the user were required to set-up a feature *gsll-user* (or some
other such name.  This symbol would have in its plist the gsl library
location.

Mirko