[Gsll-devel] fast-fourier-transform branch in repo.or.cz

Sumant Oemrawsingh soemraws at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 29 20:10:25 UTC 2009

Hi Liam,

Yes, I've seen the tests, and am working on them and the examples. I'll commit
something in the weekend, hopefully together with the real FFTs. That would
make at least the FFT part of GSLL complete. But I'd still like to make some
wrappers that make the FFT less awkward/more manageable, in the sense of
automatically determining whether to use the real or complex FFT, and the
radix-2 or mixed-radix ones.

In case you're wondering about why the real and complex FFTs are separated,
and not just methods that dispatch on the element type of the marray, this has
to do with the fact that the FFT of a real array is a complex array, but GSL
doesn't store it that way. This poses no problem for the implementation,
however, just a little bit of thought on my part. I'll have this sorted out
and implemented in a few days.

If you want to work on the tests yourself, that's fine as well, but I thought
that since I'm working on the whole FFT implementation anyway, I might as well
finish the complete thing.

-Sumant