[Gsll-devel] Repository corruption

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Sun Nov 1 02:36:08 UTC 2009

I have found today that trying to clone or fetch from the "push" URL
ssh://repo.or.cz/srv/git/gsll.git
gives me an error:

git clone ssh://repo.or.cz/srv/git/gsll.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/gsll/.git/
error: git-upload-pack: git-pack-objects died with error.
remote: fatal: exec pack-objects failed.
fatal: git-upload-pack: aborting due to possible repository corruption
on the remote side.
remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

I don't seem to have a problem cloning from http://repo.or.cz/r/gsll.git
but I can't push to that.  Also I can clone/fetch from either URL
at the mirror site
http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/gsll/gsll.git;a=summary
but I'm not sure how pushing to that would work, since it's set
up to mirror repo.or.cz.

Is anyone enough of a git expert to know what to do here?
My last-resort move would be to delete the whole repository and
re-push it to repoo.or.cz and see if that will fix the problem
(provided repo.or.cz lets me do that), but that seems rather drastic.

Thanks,
Liam