[Gsll-devel] Build error (fsbv)

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Sat Jun 27 17:23:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 3:35 AM, A.J. Rossini<blindglobe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had problems with newer GSLL compilation until I pulled a new CFFI
> from DARCS (and some of the deendences, I think babel OR alexandria),
> cleaned out FASLs, and then everything "worked".
>
> (running Debian unstable, bleeding/hemorraging all the way).
>
> best,
> -tony

Tony,

Excellent point.  It is necessary to pull a new CFFI, at least 0.10.5,
which is stated in documentation/index.html (which is also on
http://common-lisp.net/project/gsll/).

I routinely wipe out all my fasls when I am testing to make sure
everything builds cleanly.  In order to make this easy in
common-lisp-controller I wrote a shell script called
`clc-make-clean' as follows:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
find /var/cache/common-lisp-controller/$UID/sbcl/local$PWD/ -name
'*.fasl' | xargs rm -f
find /var/cache/common-lisp-controller/$UID/ccl/local$PWD/ -name
'*.lx64fsl' | xargs rm -f
find /var/cache/common-lisp-controller/$UID/clisp/local$PWD/ -name
'*.fas' -o -name '*.lib' | xargs rm -f

This will remove the compiled files ("fasls") corresponding to the
current directory (including subdirectories recursively) for SBCL,
CCL, and CLISP.

On another subject, I notice you have been doing a lot of work on Lisp
interfaces to other science/engineering/math libraries, like R.  My
intent in building GSLL was that it would become part of a collection
of systems that would have consistent use and interchange of data
between different libraries.  So for example, you would be able to
make an object representing an array, call a GSLL function, then pass
the resulting array to R.  There are a lot of aspects of this problem,
but I'm thinking about array standardization as a start.  Do you have
any thoughts on this?

Liam