[Gsll-devel] cffi-grovel

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Sun Aug 16 01:51:40 UTC 2009

Hi Jim,

I think your specific problem is due to an insufficiently new CFFI
(as someone else already said); note that cffi-grovel is not CFFI but is
(now) packaged with it.  So, basically, you need a newer version of CFFI.

It is difficult to keep package coherence with all the different versions
around, especially because in some cases (like CFFI) new versions
were created at my request to support GSLL.  This is a problem that
has been discussed a lot in the CL community and beyond and I
don't have a great solution to it.  I do however try to keep the information
on index.html (which is duplicated on http://common-lisp.net/project/gsll/)
up to date, so that if a new version is needed I specify the version
in "Requirements."  The information under "Download and Install"
is my best effort at the various operating and packaging methods but
it's not perfect because of all the options that are available.  So
unfortunately it does require some cultural knowledge of Lisp
and some inference, but is designed to accelerate the
process for those that have the knowledge.  However I think
you are doing everything right; as I said the problem appears
to be the version of CFFI.

Let us know if a newer version solves your problem.

Liam