[Gsll-devel] #'sort-vector-smallest-index and #'sort-vector-largest-index now work on 64-bit platforms; API changed.

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Sun Mar 16 03:03:06 UTC 2008

The functions #'sort-vector-smallest-index and
#'sort-vector-largest-index now work on 64-bit platforms.  It was
necessary to change the API in order to do this: instead of taking a
GSL vector-fixnum as the first argument, they now take either a
positive integer, or a CL vector.  This is because it appears to be
very difficult to find a GSL vector type that matches a C array of
size_ts.  Thus, the GSLL policy of using only GSL vectors and not raw
C vectors has been altered.

The returned object is either a newly-created CL fixnum vector, or the
CL vector passed in.  It will contain the smallest or largest indices.
 Now the GSLL policy of not requiring an object to be passed as an
argument if it is used only for returning values is fulfilled.

By the way, I have been sending an email to this list when there is an
update to GSLL that changes the input or output of exported functions.
 I am also listing these updates on the Trac page
http://trac.common-lisp.net/gsll.

Liam