[Gsll-devel] gsl_linalg_exponential_ss

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Wed Jul 23 15:45:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:16:27AM -0400, Liam Healy wrote:

Hi Liam,

> Hi Tamas,
>
> No.  I'm trying to figure out the reason for this, and the big one I
> can see is that I don't see it in the GSL documentation.  It shows up
> in my /usr/include/gsl/gsl_linalg.h and in /usr/lib/libgsl.so.   It's
> possible that it was introduced since GSL 1.8, which is where my
> porting started.  One of my long-term goals is to have an accounting
> of the port status of every symbol in the library so that I'll catch
> gaps and new functions like this.  In the meantime, it shouldn't be
> hard to make a binding, straightforward use of defmfun I think.

Would you please add this binding?  I am reading the source, but still
haven't figured out defmfun to know how to do this.

> BTW that paper of Moler and Van Loan is a classic and was recently updated
> Cleve B. Moler and Charles F. Van Loan. Nineteen dubious ways to
> compute the exponential of a
>    matrix, twenty-five years later. SIAM Rev., 45(1):3–49, 2003.

Thanks, I just read this, but didn't feel up to programming the whole
thing :-) There is a Fortran library called Expokit which is said to
be nice, but I found it impossible to work with CL.

Thanks,

Tamas