[gsharp-devel] ties

Robert STRANDH strandh at labri.fr
Fri Mar 26 07:47:55 UTC 2004

Bonjour,

Also, as you probably noticed, I included a gf font viewer that I
wrote so that I could have a more decent environment when working on
the Gsharp font.

I am afraid there are no installation or end-user documentation, so
here are some hints.  It requires Gsharp to be loaded because it uses
some of its packages.  It displays the raw bits of the glyph, but also
the anti-aliased version that Gsharp will display.  However, I do not
handle exposure events correctly, so sometimes the anti-aliased glyph
will not be displayed automatically, for instance after the window has
been hidden and then is exposed.  Displaying the grid requires a
sufficiently high zoom factor, so do not be surprises if the grid
disappears when you zoom out.

Like I said, I wrote the viewer just to be able to work on the Gsharp
font, and improving the viewer itself is low on my list of
priorities.  However, if someone likes it and wants to maintain it,
feel free.  Here is a small list of things to do :

  * handle file names better
  * handle exposure events
  * add pk file support
  * add keyboard shortcuts
  * add an overview page with clickable thumbnails
  * etc.

Bonne journée,
--
Robert Strandh

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C