[gsharp-devel] redraw buglets

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Mon Jul 19 16:23:07 UTC 2004

Christophe Rhodes writes:
 > > I would like to know what makes redrawing an entire page of the
 > > score around a second.  Once I find that, I could try to figure out
 > > how to speed up the entire thing.  At this point, I do not know
 > > whether it has to do with Gsharp, McCLIM, or CLX.
 >
 > Can you give me instructions on what you're doing to trigger the
 > redraw?

My test case is control-f, which does nothing to the buffer, but the
entire score gets redrawn anyway right now.  On my machine, it takes
about a second for the cursor to move forward.

 > Alternatively, you may wish to try this running under the
 > statistical profiler provided by sbcl -- loaded with (require
 > :sb-sprof).

That's an idea.  I have only tried the CMUCL profile package so far.
I kind of suspect that the profiling itself is messing up the
figures.  In that case the statistical profiles might be better.

I probably will not do that immediately, though, since I would have to
start by installing a more recent version of SBCL, and then compile
McCLIM for it, etc, etc.

--
Robert Strandh

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C