[gsharp-devel] redraw buglets

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 11:47:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

The new redrawing behaviour is very noticeably much better -- for
those who haven't tried it yet, my understanding is that it means much
less needs to be redrawn for each keystroke.

There is still visible flicker in the two right-hand panes, though.
As I understand it, the top right hand pane (the input state) should
only need to be redrawn if the input state changes, but apparently
it's being redrawn on every command.

Similarly, the current element pane is redrawn rather often;
admittedly the current element changes more often than the input
state, but maybe the staff lines don't need to be redrawn each time?
In addition, there seems to be an unrelated bug there: the red dot
representing the notehead is not redrawn if the gsharp window is
covered up and reexposed.

Cheers,

Christophe