[gsharp-devel] package locks and other stuff

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 10:19:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

Two quick things.  Firstly, modern (by which I of course mean
"bleeding edge" sbcl has discovered some non-compliances in gsharp's
code: defining CL:REST as a class, and CL:NUMBER as a generic
function.  Since, at a guess, I am the only user with bleeding edge
sbcl I shall endeavour to fix this.

Secondly, does the accept presentation-method on completable-pathname
belong in gsharp or in McCLIM itself?  (Shouldn't McCLIM's pathname
acceptor do completion in an ideal world?)  If so, I don't mind
forgoing a little convenience for now: would
  (lambda (so-far mode)
    (complete-from-possibilities
     so-far #+cmu (ext:ambiguous-files so-far) #-cmu nil '()
     :action mode
     :predicate (lambda (obj) (declare (ignore
     obj)) t)
     :name-key #'namestring
     :value-key #'identity))
be an acceptable implementation in CLIM terms?

Cheers,

Christophe