[gsharp-devel] initial problems

Andras Simon andras at renyi.hu
Wed Feb 18 10:35:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Christophe Rhodes wrote:

> Andras Simon <andras at renyi.hu> writes:
>
> > Anyway, here's a small patch that I found absolutely necessary to get started.
>
> > ! 		    :direction :output :element-type '(unsigned-byte 8))
> > ! 		    :direction :output :if-exists :supersede  :element-type '(unsigned-byte 8))
>
> Yes.  This is sbcl, right?  I'm still not entirely sure what to do
> about this; it's a change in sbcl's behaviour that I think is
> justified but isn't proving entirely popular.

No, it's CMUCL 18e. But I don't see why this would be a problem with the CL
implementation. with-midi-output should (I guess) say explitcitly that it
wants to replace the midi file with the new one. But I may be missing
something.

Does load/save and other operations that need some text input work for the
rest of you? I'm using McCLIM from CVS, and I wonder if I should downgrade to
a stable version.

Andras