[gecol-devel] Gecol 2.0 fixes for Allegro

Kilian Sprotte kilian.sprotte at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 19 09:38:07 UTC 2008

Hi Willem,

thank you very much for helping with Allegro and the newest GECODE version.
All the patches arrived fine!
I have now pushed them to gecol20 - but committed a small change
afterwards...

You made this change:

hunk ./gecol.asd 64
-  (let ((loader (intern "LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY" :cffi)))
+  (let ((loader (intern '#:load-foreign-library :cffi)))
}

For instance SBCL would complain if the first arg of intern is not a string
(and according to the spec it should not be anything else). As I dont have
Allegro, what is the exact error message / problem here? Maybe we could use
find-symbol with a better chance for all lisps? - For the moment, I have
changed it back to a string, sorry.

Then there were these questions:
hunk ./glue.cpp 564
+  // WB: delete opt?
hunk ./glue.cpp 1450
-  return set->variable();
+  // WB: was: return set->variable();
+  return set->var();
}

Right now, I am a bit out of business with gecol, as I am currently not
using it and working on other things. Maybe Mauricio can help with this?

Thanks again for your help,
best,
  Kilian