[fomus-devel] One more post...

Mika Kuuskankare mkuuskan at siba.fi
Wed Sep 9 11:50:26 UTC 2009

Hi David,

Nice to hear from you. I'm looking forward to the new version of FOMUS.

best regards,

Mika Kuuskankare

On 9.9.2009, at 7:00, David Psenicka wrote:

> I'm posting to this list one more time to announce FOMUS is just
> about ported (or actually rewritten) to C++...  It should be a huge
> improvement over the old Lisp version...  It's a lot faster, doesn't
> use ungodly amounts of memory, has a proper interface for extending
> functionality, and can be loaded into any software or language that
> can interface with a C library.  It's also integrated into the CM/
> Grace environment, plus I have Lisp wrappers and an Pd external
> now.  As I finish it up I'll be adding a lot of examples and
> tutorials.  Here are some of the improvements:
>
> faster
> native input file format
> built-in docs and search for settings and marks
> behavior can be modified in different places (settings can go into
> parts, measures, individual notes, etc.)
> buffered input for environments like Max/Pd
> same capabilities as the old Lisp version (I'd say I'm maybe 90% to
> where I was at feature-wise w/ the old Lisp version)
>
> I still have quite a few bugs to fix and minor features to finish up
> (e.g., special notations like tremolos, harmonics, etc.).  Right now
> it works in Linux and OS X, and Windows (both Cygwin and freshly
> ported native binaries--the native build will be flaky for at least
> another week).  Current version is 0.1.7-alpha...  I anticipate
> taking maybe another month or two to squash bugs and build up a
> large collection of examples, then I'll release a beta version.
>
> Sourceforge page is at https://sourceforge.net/projects/fomus/
> Online docs are at http://fomus.sourceforge.net/
> Mailing list is at
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fomus-user

Dr. Mika Kuuskankare
Composer, programmer and researcher
Centre for Music & Technology
Sibelius Academy

Henkilökohtainen postiosoite/Personal post address
PL 342 - PO Box 342
FIN-00121 Helsinki, FINLAND
Mobile: +358 (0)40 5415 233 (Finland)
Skype: mkuuskan