[fomus-devel] understanding "backend_ly.lisp"

padovani josepadovani at yahoo.com.br
Thu Oct 18 14:37:37 UTC 2007

hi again!
So, I'm trying to understand the backend_ly.lisp of fomus...

my doubts are in this passage..
(conc-stringlist
                       (loop for x in '(:text :textdyn :texttempo :textnote)
                         and m in (list (or text-markup
*lilypond-text-markup*)
                                (or textdyn-markup
*lilypond-textdyn-markup*)
                                (or texttempo-markup
*lilypond-texttempo-markup*)
                                (or textnote-markup
*lilypond-textnote-markup*))
                         nconc (loop for (xxx di str) in (getmarks e x)
                                 collect (conc-strings
                                      (ecase di (:up "^") (:down "_"))
                                      (format nil m
(lilypond-string-escape str))))))

I have two questions...
1. What  is - or where is defined - the function "xxx" - from (xxx di
str) ... it should get the values ":up" or ":down", right?
2. I tried to create a third - empty - direction, ":justplace", to place
whatever texts I wanted...
(ecase di (:up "^") (:down "_") (:justplace nil)) ....
Then I have recompiled fomus but it doesn't work... Why? Should I define
it in other places? Where?

Sorry if the questions are stupid.. Maybe someday I become a developer! :)
José H.