[fomus-devel] ads / iterate

David Psenicka dpsenick at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 8 19:50:09 UTC 2007

I'll just get rid of the messages, problem solved.

If you're trying to write add-on code, you can just compile/load the
file to get the errors.

Also, none of the modules load unless they are needed--fomus does check
to see which ones have been compiled or can compile so it knows which
ones can be used.  what rick describes is how I think I wrote it:  "i
think it would be nicest if extra stuff simply wouldnt load unless i ask
for it, or at a minimum include what the stuff needs to load. otherwise
i have to figure out/download/configure things i dont necessarily want
to work with in the first place. but maybe its easiest to just make
peace with the message... "

The developer API for these module things needs work, but I'll work on
that only as it's necessary and people express (any) interest.  I'd
rather not twiddle things now as far as compiling and loading--now it
works and does it all in the background (with the exception of the
annoying messages) and simply ignores anything that doesn't want to
compile correctly, and it works with ASDF if it's present.  It's also
simple and should be enough to keep everything organized and unified.
I'll put most of this information in a separate doc file (for anyone who
wants to write a module)--the only thing a regular user might care about
is (list-fomus-modules) which lists all the options available for add-on
modules.

Right now my plan is to finish up the one or two things that need to be
finished and figure out how to make the program more user-friendly
(probably a GUI interface with buttons and icons, tabs, friendly pop-up
help messages, etc..)