[fomus-devel] ads / iterate

Kilian Sprotte ml13 at onlinehome.de
Sun Jan 7 18:56:58 UTC 2007

Hi Rick,

sorry about that annoyance. ads implements a constraint solver as
described in
ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/contraintes/publications/ADAPTIVE/
saga01.html
(as noted in modules/ads.lisp).

It is true that this is work in progress, however it can be used
already, please see:
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/fomus-devel/2006-September/000077.html

In case someone wants to try it out, the iterate library is needed,
that is
available here: http://common-lisp.net/project/iterate/
(if someone needs more information on how to install it, feel free to
contact me)

Maybe you could try just to remove modules/ads.lisp?

In general, I dont think fomus should include its dependencies. It
may be very interesting to base new algorithms on the GECODE library
by using http://common-lisp.net/project/gecol/. There an inclusion
really does not make sense.
So for the future this will be a general problem.

I personally like the module architecture so far. But maybe David has
an idea of enhancing it?
Or maybe its easier to tolerate that annoying message ? :-P

Cheers,

   Kilian