[fomus-devel] n-tuplets

David Psenicka dpsenick at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 2 21:02:32 UTC 2007

Many of these settings use a "beat" as a measurement, so changing the
beat value to 1/8 can drastically alter the output--Also, the
:max-tuplet-dur and :min-tuplet-dur settings do seem to get in the way
often (these settings and related ones have come quite up a few
times)--on my TODO list now is to find ways to replace some of the ones
that impose hard limits with more flexible + intuitive settings (any
suggestions are welcome!).

I'm about halfway through implementing a "preferred-tuplet-dur" setting
at the moment, but am thinking now that a "preferred duration" shouldn't
be tied to beat values but change dynamically with the context (meter,
rhythm, etc.)...  A few other settings (and internal variables) rely on
beat values which I think should be changed eventually.

-DP