[fomus-devel] Installation problem: fomus commandline application

David Psenicka dpsenick at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 7 04:16:08 UTC 2006

>From what I can tell, it's complaining that it can't read your .fomus
file--I've fixed the code so it won't enter the debugger if that happens
(and choke on it when it compiles)--I'll release the update in a few
days (I have to test a few other changes I've made first).

More text file examples will get posted in the docs shortly, and I'll
put a better .fomus init file example up...

I'm adding some options to control the output:

-v   view immediately (invoke the pd or pdf viewer after compiling cmn
or lilypond)

-l    output a lilypond score file
-c   output a cmn file
-x   output musicxml
-f    output musicxml w/ finale kludges
-s   output musicxml w/ sibelius kludges (I have to check if Sibelius
has fixed anything in their xml import--last time I tried it it was
hopeless)

-m  output a fomus file (won't accomplish all that much--it'll be nearly
the same as your input file)

-o   base output filename

-q   set the "quality" value (alters computation time)

Usage: fomus [-lxfscmvo] filename

Also, you should be able to put "\" characters at the ends of lines you
want to be read as one (seemed necessary as I was generating examples).

-David