[fomus-devel] problems with 0.1.66

Joshua Parmenter jparmenter at gmail.com
Mon May 1 00:43:25 UTC 2006

Hi all...

I was looking around to see if there was a more appropriate place to
post a questions / problem. If this is the wrong list, I apologize
and would appreciate a re-direct. If not, here is the problem I am
having.

Here is a sample head of a .ly file...

% LilyPond score file
% FOMUS v0.1.66

\version "2.6"
octUp = #(set-octavation 1)
octReset = #(set-octavation 0)
octDown = #(set-octavation -1)
markAccIn = \once \override TextScript #'script-priority = #-100
beamL = #(def-music-function (par loc num) (number?) #{\set
stemLeftBeamCount = #$num #})
beamR = #(def-music-function (par loc num) (number?) #{\set
stemRightBeamCount = #$num #})
beamLR = #(def-music-function (par loc numl numr) (number? number?) #
{\set stemLeftBeamCount = #$numl \set stemRightBeamCount = #$numr #})
textSpan = #(def-music-function (par loc dir str) (number? string?) #
{\override TextSpanner #'direction = #$dir \override TextSpanner
#'edge-text = #(cons $str "") #})
noteHead = #(def-music-function (par loc sty) (symbol?) #{\once
\override NoteHead #'style = #$sty #})

In LilyPond, I get an error:

Parsing...ERROR: Unbound variable: def-music-function

I am starting out with both LilyPond and FOMUS... any suggestions on
how to get rid of the error, or solve it either on the FOMUS or
LilyPond side?

Second, is there a variable on the lisp side to change the LilyPond
version number? FOMUS can't detect my OSX .app version (2.8)... I'm
hand changing it for now, and that seems to be fine, but it would be
nice if this is something I can change in the .fomus file.

Also, for simple tests, I can delete the beamL (etc.) definitions and
the code will compile, but once those vars are used in the .ly file,
there are (of course) problems.

Thanks for any help.

Josh

OS X 10.4.6 MacBook, SBCL 0.9.12

Joshua Parmenter
joshp at u.washington.edu
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Center for Digital Arts and
Experimental Media
Raitt Hall - University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu