[fomus-devel] wedges

Kilian Sprotte ml13 at onlinehome.de
Thu Jan 26 19:47:52 UTC 2006

Hi David,

thanks for your fixes, its very nice to see those wedges correct :)
Am 26.01.2006 um 07:59 schrieb David Psenicka:

> Some more bug fixes...  The program runs in Allegro 7 (and probably
> 5, 6) now, and I'll test it in Windows shortly...

That sounds good (although I wont have the possibility to test
Allegro...).

Sorry to come back to the wedges once more. First a general question:
In the example

q         q         q         q         |

p<-<-<-<-<-<-f>->->-mf

which was created by

:startwedge<
:wedge<
:endwedge< :startwedge>
:endwedge>

would it also be okay to write

:startwedge<
:wedge<
:wedge< :startwedge>
:wedge>

or in other words, are there two possibilities to specify a wedge?

One, with startwedge wedge* endwedge and the other with
startwedge wedge*, where the last wedge "means" endwedge?
(I suppose the latter could be generated more easily in a CM process,
was that your reason to do it like that?)

Now I have a problem once again, sorry, if I turn things around a bit:

q         q         q         q         |

p<-<-<-<-<-<-f<-<-<-ff

(Why not a split crescendo.... ;-) )

(fomus:fomus-init :backend '(:lilypond :view t) :filename "/tmp/
fomus" :auto-accidentals nil)
(fomus:fomus-newpart 2 :instr :violin)
(fomus:fomus-newnote 2 :off 0 :dur 1 :note '(77 0) :marks
'(:startwedge< :pp))
(fomus:fomus-newnote 2 :off 1 :dur 1 :note '(77 0) :marks '(:wedge<))
(fomus:fomus-newnote 2 :off 2 :dur 1 :note '(77 0) :marks
'(:endwedge< :startwedge< :f))
(fomus:fomus-newnote 2 :off 3 :dur 1 :note '(77 0) :marks
'(:endwedge< :FF))
(fomus:fomus-exec)

In my printout, the first wedge does not continue to the third note
anymore, but stops on the second.
-Kilian